Looking for a new go-to Christmas ham dish the adults can enjoy? You’re in the right place with this deliciously juicy apple bourbon glazed ham recipe. The sweetness and tang from the apple juice pairs nicely with the strong kick of bourbon and strikes a perfect balance between sweet and savoury. Start the holiday season off right with this quick and easy meal.
Apple Bourbon Glazed Ham
- Set the temperature of your grill to 163C (325F) and pre-heat with the closed for 15 mins.
- Put the ham directly onto the grill grates and insert your probe into the thickest part of the ham.
- Close the lid and leave to cook for 30 mins.
- In a small saucepan over a medium-low heat, melt the apple jelly. Whisk in the apple juice, mustard, bourbon, lemon juice, and cloves, then take off the heat.
- After the 30 mins, brush the ham with the apple and bourbon glaze. Close the lid again and keep cooking until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 57C (135F), approximately another 30 mins.
- Take the ham off the grill and leave to rest for 20 mins before carving. Heat up the rest of the glaze and serve with the ham if desired.
What to serve with apple bourbon glazed ham
There are a number of tasty side dishes that will work well with this succulent glazed ham recipe. Some examples include:
- Mashed potatoes
- Dauphinois potatoes
- Roasted potatoes
- Creamed spinach
- Honey roasted carrots