Christmas is coming and we’re here to give you some of our favourite Christmas turkey recipes to make your Christmas extra special, without all the fuss. Our bacon wrapped turkey breast is surprisingly quick and easy to make but bursting with flavour. Glazed with just the right amount of sweetness this bacon wrapped turkey breast this turkey recipe is sure to appeal to everyone.
Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C / Gas Mark 4.
Create your glaze by mixing Dijon mustard, maple syrup and olive oil together. Generously brush the glaze all over the turkey breast, covering the entire turkey.
- Create your Bacon weave (for ease you can create the weave on a piece of parchment paper and then transfer). Lay your first piece of bacon vertical and place another piece of bacon horizontally at the top of it. Place another piece of bacon vertically but this time place it underneath the first vertical bacon. Continue to alternate horizontal layers until you reach the bottom of the vertical bacon.
Continue the same process but with your vertical layers this time by weaving the bacon vertically between the horizontal strips of bacon until you have a weave big enough to cover your turkey breast.
- With your Bacon weave placed on top of the turkey breast, transfer the turkey joint to a roasting dish, making sure all bacon is wrapped around the turkey and not hanging out the dish.
- Place your turkey breast in the oven for 1 hour (or until the internal temperature of 160F / 72 C has been reached).
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil for 15-20 minutes. Once ready, carve up and serve with your trimmings.