If you love Mexican food, you’ll love stunningly cheesy beef quesadillas. With well-seasoned beef, plenty of gooey cheese, and a crispy golden-brown tortilla, these quesadillas are irresistible. Quick and easy to make, they’re sure to be a hit in your home as a tasty midweek meal.
Cheesy Beef Quesadillas
- Warm the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the beef, chilli powder, chipotle pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Break the beef mince into smaller pieces and cook with occasional stirring until the beef is fully cooked through. This should take around 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and beef stock and cook for a further 2 minutes. Take the beef out of the pan and place into a bowl. Drain any excess grease if necessary. Spread around 226 grams (2 cups) of cheese amongst all the tortillas on one side.
- Spread the beef mince on top of the cheese and sprinkle the remaining 115 grams (1 cup) of cheese on top of the beef. Fold over each tortilla so it’s in the shape of a half moon.
- To cook the quesadillas, heat around 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium-low heat. Carefully swirl the oil around the pan to coat it. Put two quesadillas in the pan and cook them for 2 minutes on one side.
- Gently flip the quesadillas onto the other side and carry on cooking for two minutes or until they’re golden brown and crispy on the outside and the cheese is melted on the inside. Move the quesadillas to a sheet pan and put into a preheated oven to keep warm whilst you cook the rest of the quesadillas.
- Once they’re all cooked, cut each half-moon quesadilla in half so you end up with 12 pieces. Now they’re ready to serve.
- ½ tbsp of olive oil
- ½ kg of extra lean beef mince
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of ground chipotle chilli pepper
- ½ tsp of dried oregano
- ½ tsp of ground cumin
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp of unsalted beef stock
- 340 grams of shredded cheese blend
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream (optional)
What to serve with cheesy beef quesadillas
These quesadillas can be enjoyed by themselves or served with a wide range of sides and sauces including:
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Pico de gallo
- Green salad
- Mexican street corn