Chicken Korma is a classically mild Indian dish that offers an abundance of flavour without the heat, making it a great mid-week meal for the family. Our chicken Korma Thighs is health and easy to make, even if you’re a beginner. Our 5-step recipe serves 4 people and takes less than half an hour to make. A real treat for anyone wanting a good quality home cooked meal without all the faff of cooking.
Chicken Korma Thighs
- Create your paste by adding your chopped onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and blending until smooth.
- Using a large frying pan, pour your paste and 2-3tbsp’s of water to the pan, mix and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat. After 5 minutes, add your korma paste to the pan and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Whilst your sauce is bubbling away, add your chicken thigh pieces into the sauce, making sure to completely cover the chicken.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the pan including the almonds, sultanas, sugar, and chicken stock. Stir and cover, letting it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once your chicken has cooked, remove the pan from the heat. Add your Greek yoghurt chopped coriander to the pan and give it a good stir. Plate up your chicken tikka thighs with your chosen sides (Find out our favourite sides below) and enjoy!
- 1 kg Chicken Thighs (Boneless & Skinless) chopped into bite sized pieces
- Large White Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
- Ginger (thumb sized piece), roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp Korma Paste
- 4 tbsp Sultanas
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 400ml Chicken Stock
- ¼ tsp Golden Caster Sugar
- 150g Fat Free Greek Yoghurt
- Coriander, roughly chopped
What to serve with Chicken Korma?
Chicken Korma has an irresistible aromatic flavour that doesn’t need to be overpowered by sides. Our top sides to serve with chicken Korma include:
- Basmati Rice
- Naan Bread
- Pilau Rice
- Tenderstem Broccoli
- Baked Potato