Korean BBQ is a popular cuisine known for its amazing flavours and unique twists on typical BBQ styles, and these flanken ribs are no exception. Lee from Smoke and Sear has created a delicious recipe for flanken Korean BBQ ribs that you won’t want to miss. See how he does it below.
Flanken Korean BBQ Ribs
- Pat the flanken ribs dry with paper towels and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together light soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin, minced garlic, grated ginger, and a dash of sesame oil.
- Place the ribs in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, ensuring the ribs are well coated.
- Leave the ribs to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Fire up your grill to a medium-high heat (around 200C).
- Grill the marinated ribs for around 2-3 minutes per side, or until they’re caramelised and cooked to your desired doneness.
What to serve with Flanken Korean BBQ Ribs
This recipe for flanken Korean BBQ ribs will work perfectly with a fresh cucumber salad and jasmine rice to truly let the flavours of the marinade and the tenderness of the ribs shine through. Other potential side dishes for the ribs include:
- Pickled radish
- Sweet potato mash
- Butternut squash
- Steamed broccoli