With BBQ season and the summer holidays quickly creeping up, we wanted to find the most flavoursome recipes for the BBQ and that’s what we’ve done. Our Hoisin Grilled Pork Kebabs uses Stokes Sauce and Chinese five spice to create a truly unforgettable BBQ experience.
Hoisin Grilled Pork Kebabs
- Add your pork kebabs to a large bowl and coat with a good sprinkling of salt. Leave for 15-20 minutes and start to create your hoisin sauce.
- In a separate bowl combine your cornflour, garlic powder, Chinese five powder and whisk. Once all your seasoning has been fully combined add your hoisin sauce to the bowl and combine to create your seasoned sauce.
Set aside 2 tbsp’s of your sauce for later.
- Take your sauce and coat your pork kebabs making sure to fully coat every little part of the pork to lock in all the flavour. Leave to marinate whilst your BBQ heats up.
Spray with a little bit of oil before you grill.
- Once your BBQ heats up, add your seasoned kebabs to the grill and grill each side for 5 minutes (or until well charred). Turn over your kebab and evenly brush with your leftover hoisin sauce and continue to cook the other side until well charred.
For best results, using a meat thermometer will give you a better idea of when the pork is cooked. You’re looking for an internal temperature of 71 ° Celsius / 160 ° Fahrenheit.
- Once your pork kebabs are nicely charred and cooked right through, remove from heat and let them sit for 5-10 minutes before plating up. Add your sprinkling of spring onions and serve with all the best BBQ sides.
What to serve with Pork Kebabs
Whether you’re looking for a healthy crisp side or a picky plate of all the best BBQ sides, these pork kebabs will leave you wanting more. For a light side you can’t go wrong with a crisp salad with lettuce, tomatoes, onion and light dressing. Other sides include:
- Sweet Potato
- Potato Salad
- Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Vegetables