New York strip is a delicious cut of steak that’s great for beginners and is a favourite for creating amazing results no matter how you like your meat cooked. This recipe is a restaurant quality meal that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home. It can be a tasty family tea or a romantic dinner for date night. However you want to eat it, you won’t regret making it.
Pan Fried New York Strip Steak
- Allow the steaks to rest for 30 minutes and come up to room temperature.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- In a medium sized skillet on a medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Once it begins to smoke, add the steaks to the skillet.
- Sear on all sides until they have a golden-brown crust.
- Add the butter and let it melt in the skillet before adding the garlic and fresh sprigs.
- Lower the heat to medium and let them cook until they reach the preferred internal temperature. Spoon the butter over the steaks during cooking.
What to serve with Pan Fried New York Strip Steak
When you’re having steak for dinner, many people think of potatoes to go with it. Whether you prefer them roasted, mashed, baked, or as French fries, they will complement the meat perfectly. Alternatively, you could also enjoy any of the below sides with your New York Strip.
- Garlic herb roasted vegetables
- Potato salad
- Onion rings
- Grilled onions
- Mac and cheese
- Garlic sauteed green beans