This is one not to miss! These tandoori spiced lamb cutlets are bursting with flavour and with an accompanying fresh and vibrant chopped kachumber salad, you’ll have a quick and easy midweek meal. If you’re fed up with the same old dinners this is the perfect dish to spice things up.
Tandoori Lamb Cutlets
- Combine the garlic and ginger pastes, yogurt, spices, and lemon juice with a bit of seasoning in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the lamb cutlets and mix really well again, then cover and chill for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Take the lamb out of the fridge 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook them.
- Mix all the ingredients for the kachumber salad together with some seasoning.
- Heat a barbecue or griddle pan to hot. Scrape off the marinade from the lamb and season.
- Grill the cutlets for 1-2 minutes on each side until suitably charred. Leave to rest on a plate for 5 minutes then serve with lemon wedges for squeezing, the kachumber, roti or naan, and a bit of seasoned yogurt.
- 6 lamb chops
- 2 tsp of garlic paste
- 2 tsp of ginger paste
- 100g of Greek yogurt (plus extra to serve)
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 1 tbsp of ground cumin
- 2 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of mild chilli powder
- 1 juiced lemon
- Lemon wedges (to serve)
- 1 roti or naan (to serve)
For the kachumber
- 2 chopped, ripe tomatoes
- ½ chopped cucumber
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 1 deseeded and finely chopped green chilli
- ½ small bunch of coriander, chopped
What to serve with tandoori lamb cutlets
With warm tandoori spices you can’t go wrong with a nice fresh salad and a fresh naan bread like we’ve used in this recipe. However, there are some other equally delicious sides that go really well with tandoori lamb cutlets including:
- Spiced or curried potatoes
- Green beans
- Pulao or fried rice