How to cook Cote de Boeuf
- Set up BBQ for indirect cooking and stabilise the temperature between 130 – 150C.
- Remove Steak from packaging and pat dry with a paper towel (moisture is the enemy of a perfect crust!).
- Season liberally with flaky salt.
- Insert Meater into the thickest part of the steak (optional).
- Place steak into the barbecue and allow it to come up to temperature slowly.
- Once steak is 5 degrees away from your desired temperature, remove from the barbecue.
- Remove the meater.
- Raise the temperature of the barbecue to 300C (whilst barbecuing is rising in temperature rest the steak at room temperature).
- Sear the steak over the direct heat for 1-2 minutes per side until a nice crust has formed.
- Slice and enjoy!
What to serve with Côte de Boeuf?
Côte de Boeuf is a steak that doesn’t need too much to compliment the rich flavours. We recommend pairing with parmentier potatoes and a good glass of red wine.