BBQ brisket is an iconic part of barbecue cuisine and the slower the cook the tastier the meat! This to-die-for recipe really makes the most out of this stunning cut of beef. Our slow cooker brisket is cooked in a mouth-watering homemade BBQ sauce until it’s beautifully tender and infused with amazing flavour.
Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket
- Combine the dry ingredients for the rub and cover the brisket in the rub all over. Leave for at least 30 minutes to let the flavours of the rub marinate with the meat.
- Pour the BBQ sauce into a slow cooker and add the brisket.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 8 hours (3lb) to 10 hours (4lb).
- Take the brisket out of the slow cooker and put it onto a tray.
- Pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a saucepan. Simmer over a medium-high heat and reduce it until it thickens to a syrup consistency.
- At the same time, drizzle oil over the brisket then roast it in a 200C oven for 15 minutes until you see brown spots appear. Remove from the oven and generously baste with the sauce, then put it back in for a further 5 minutes. Take out the oven and baste again, then return it to the oven for 5-10 minutes until it looks caramelised. Thinly slice the brisket across the grain and serve it with the rest of the BBQ sauce.
What to serve with slow cooker beef brisket
If you’re looking to feed a big group at a BBQ, you can’t go wrong with serving your brisket as sliders. Alternatively, you could serve it with:
- Homemade southern style beans
- Mashed potatoes
- Potato salad
- Sweet potato fries